The Communities’ Council on Ethnic Issues (CCOEI) is situated in the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne. The organisation commenced operation due to the needs of increased numbers of migrants and refugees arriving in the region in the 1980s.
CCOEI members are valued volunteers that help manage the organisation, with our aims and objectives being achieved through working with local service providers, government agencies, and non-government organisations. For information regarding our board and membership, please click on the links below.
CCOEI is a not-for-profit, non-political and non-religious organisation. It adheres to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and represents the multicultural interests of the community.
Our aims are to:
- Provide administrative and other support to the standing committee
- Influence public policy through advocacy, with the ongoing support of our partners
- Conduct forums and seminars in which information is shared with a variety of service providers
- Work with government and non-government organisations to identify service issues and improve service deliveries
- Establish and maintain networks between service providers through consultation and communication between them
CCOEI operates in the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne. This region covers the local government areas of:
- Yarra Ranges